Published Fri 29 Oct 2021
ROLE DESCRIPTION: APPOINTED DIRECTOR
Baseball Northern Territory Incorporated (BNTI) is the peak sporting body for Baseball within the Northern Territory. Operating as an affiliate of Baseball Australia (BA), BNTI is an Incorporated Association and therefore a stand-alone organisation governed by a Board of Directors and overseeing the operations of Baseball throughout the NT.
Purpose / Mission – To develop and enhance Baseball within the Northern Territory
Vision – To facilitate continued growth in our game with integrity and transparency. Aspiring to build on our legacy and to unify the Northern Territory through Baseball.
Our Strategy 2020-2022
Our Strategy 2020-2022 has been developed to support the day-to-day operations and a clear, strong path forward for the game of Baseball throughout the NT. More information can be found on our website.
Our key strategic pillars are:
- Develop our Game
- Continually work towards making Baseball the best sport in the NT
- Develop our People
- Continually work towards making our players, coaches, officials and volunteers the best in the sport of Baseball and in the NT
- Develop our Off-field Operations
- Continually work towards making Baseball Northern Territory Incorporated the best organisation with exemplary transparency, governance and operational management
The Board of BNTI is made up of a group of dedicated individuals who are committed to the effective running of Baseball throughout the Territory.
The Board provides governance, sets strategy, manages the General Manager and oversees the overall operations of BNTI. Given the size of the organisation and the cyclical needs, the Board are required to take an active role in the organisation through the year.
The Board is voluntary and is made up of up to five (5) Directors being:
- 3x Appointed Directors (formally appointed by the Elected Directors)
- 2x Elected Directors (one from Darwin Baseball League and one from Alice Springs Baseball Association)
The Board is structured as:
- President and Chairperson
- Finance Director
- Governance Director and Public Officer
- Darwin Baseball League representative
- Alice Springs Baseball Association representative
Currently we have vacancy for a maximum of one (1) Appointed Directors.
Currently, Appointed Directors have a term of two (2) years, which may be renewed. Elected Directors operate on a basis of one (1) must step down each year.
More information can be found within the Constitution.
Normal Board meetings are currently held once every two months for 1-2 hours via teleconference/videoconference. We will also meet up to twice per year face-to-face for the AGM and a strategy meeting. Other meetings may be required as necessary.
Directors are required to undertake some tasks outside of meetings.
The Board is ideally seeking applications from those that poses any of the below skills
- Governance experience
- Experience as a Public Officer
- Experience within the game of Baseball
- Experience with other sports
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about the role, feel free to contact Gemma at 0407 733 792 or email@example.com
Board applications are due by 15 November, please submit the below details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brief Cover Letter
- Current CV