2020/2021 Annual Member Survey – RESULTS

Published Tue 08 Jun 2021

The board and staff of Baseball NT would like to thank all who participated in the 2020/21 Annual Member Survey.

We received responses from just under 10% of our membership – which was made up of mostly players (75%), parents/guardians (39%), and general volunteers (25%). 40% of the respondents currently hold more than 1 role within Territory Baseball.

Respondents represented an accurate sample group of Baseball NT’s members. Most responders were male (82%) and had varying years of participation. 60% of respondents were in Darwin, with the other 40% in Alice Springs. 70% of respondents and their families participate in other sports.

Members once again identified Junior Recruitment & Retention as the most important initiative of Baseball NT. This was followed by Facility Upgrades, Coach/Umpire/Scorer Development, Communication with Members and Aussie Tball/Coach Pitch/Rookie Ball.

Inter-Territory Competition, Financial Stability and Marketing & Brand Awareness were also amongst the higher priorities.

See the complete ranked list of priority areas HERE.

Communication with Members continues to be a high priority of the respondents, it was again the area members were most satisfied with in 2020/2021.

Members also expressed satisfaction in areas such as Aussie Tball/Coach Pitch/Rookie Ball, Support for Darwin Baseball League, and Junior Recruitment & Retention.
Respondents were least satisfied in areas such as Inter-Territory Competition, Baseball5, Regional Area Programs.

See the complete ranked list of member satisfaction areas HERE.

The overarching theme in the respondents’ written comments suggest junior development and pathways should be the number one priority for Baseball NT moving forward. Other key priorities included membership growth across all ages/regions/categories, facility upgrades, and a NT ABL team.

Respondents commented on the urgency of membership growth and provided several suggestions to grow. Respondents also recognised Baseball NT has limited resources and a small starting base of members.
The results and feedback from the 2020/2021 Annual Member Survey will be presented to the Board of Baseball NT at the July board meeting for their consideration. The results will drive key examination of the Board’s review of the existing strategic plan.

If you have further comments or suggestions for the Board to review, please email them through to admin@baseballnt.com.au by 2 July.